Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Discovering Film and Toy Cameras.

I won't even try to recap what has happened since I was last here. At this point, the blog is just a shell, and I'm going to leap right back in and pretend it was just a few days ago.

I wanted a place to put some images I got back from the camera store yesterday, and a place to journal my photo experiences.  I am so much happier with my second roll of film -- Fuji Superia 800 and this toy camera -- the Black Slim Devil, purchased after a bit of a seminar I caught on creativelive.com -- than I was after roll number one.

I am somewhat in love with these images, especially the first one.  I loved shooting without knowing what I had captured.  It does make you much more disciplined about pressing that shutter and thinking about the composition.  Forgot what that feels like. And second, I find getting to know this camera kind of a thrill. I am trying to figure out how to use all of the fixed settings to get the most from each image.  This camera has a very wide lens, like a 24mm, a closed aperature -- like an F16 and a pretty fast shutter.  So, a bright light, fast action toy it is.












No comments: